- Your farm, your voice
- Farmer-focused research
- New markets, new opportunities
- Raising barley's profile
- Prudent money management
To advance the interests of Alberta barley farmers through leadership and investment in innovation and development.
A vibrant and innovative industry that unlocks the entire potential of barley.
- Drive development of a sector-wide barley strategy to create a vision for the next five years
Value chain alignment is critical to establish sector-wide targets for the next five years and further into the future.
- Instigate development of a national research plan for barley
Focus research and maximize positive outcomes from research investments
- Facilitate the adoption of new malt barley varieties
Improve net returns to farmers
Maintain the Alberta malt quality advantage through breeding and adoption
- Develop a barley value proposition for the livestock sector
Improve demand for barley, leverage opportunities as improved market access internationally grows demand for Alberta beef and pork
- Improve feedback mechanisms for stakeholders
Demonstrate value added by Alberta Barley
Improve feedback mechanisms for stakeholders
- Support strengthening of the barley value chain
Stronger message and more efficient use of resources on industry initiatives
- Support agricultural policy development initiatives
Engage with provincial and federal governments on policy topics that affect Alberta barley growers