Alberta Barley directors govern, make decisions on behalf of, and implement Alberta Barley’s strategic direction. Each region may elect one (1) eligible producer to act as their director and there are three (3) director-at-large for all six (6) regions. Directors remain in office for three (3) years following the annual region meeting at which they were elected.
Each region has its own number of eligible producers to serve as their delegates depending on seeded barley acres in the region. Delegates remain in office for three years following the regional meeting at which they were elected. In their role as a delegate, these individuals:
- Act as the representative for barley producers in their respective regions
- Assist with the organization of their regional meeting
- Provide input to their regional directors and the board
- Are appointed by the board to serve as members of board-established committees
- May be appointed by the board to represent the Alberta Barley on any external committee, group or organization of which Alberta Barley is a member
Terms of Office
The standard terms of office for directors and delegates is three (3) years. Directors may serve a maximum of two, three-year terms. Elections for directors and delegates vary from region to region. Visit our Elections page to learn more about electing directors and delegates.