The AWC directors govern, make decisions on behalf of, and implement the AWC’s strategic direction. Each region may elect up to two eligible producers to act as their directors. Directors remain in office for three years following the annual region meeting at which they were elected.
Each region may elect up to three eligible producers to act as their regional representatives (reps). Regional reps remain in office for three years following the regional meeting at which they were elected. In their role as regional reps, these individuals:
- Act as the representative for wheat producers in their respective regions
- Assist with the organization of their regional meeting hosted in November
- Provide input to their regional directors and the board
- Are appointed by the board to serve as members of board-established committees
- May be appointed by the board to represent the AWC on any external task force, committee, group or organization of which the AWC is a member.
Terms of Office
The standard terms of office for directors and regional reps is three years. Directors and regional reps may serve a maximum of two, three-year terms. Elections for directors and reps rotate each year with Regions 1 and 5, Regions 2 and 4, and Region 3. The director-at-large is elected every three years. Visit our Elections page to learn more about electing directors and regional reps.